The chatter: An assortment of stuff related to walking, biking, eating…
Have you checked it out yet?
Bits of news, perspective, and what-not from the wider or the local world.
- Complete Streets improve it for everyone (Momentum) and in SFO, motorists are asking for bike lanes (StreetsBlog)
- CitiBike is popular (The Numbers) and will increasingly be as it becomes an employee benefit (A-Cities). Bike share extra: This neat, live info of all bike share activity by each major city (BSMap)
People for Bikes asks: What was your first bike?
- I’m with this guy: I bike because I’m lazy (UrbanCountry)
- I’m not the only one walking slow (MW) most people walk below the allotted crosswalk times (Health) and will increasingly more so…By 2031, 1 in 5 people will be walking more slowly due to nothing else but age (AtlanticCities).
How do you get urban planners, transportation engineers, and anyone running around a city in their prime to picture the places where we live through the shaded eyes of an octogenarian?
- In the above story, the author mentions MIT’s AgeLab…Yup, there is such a thing (AgeLab) and their handy helper, AGNES: MIT AgeLab’s Age Gain Now Empathy System.
As always, More chatter at:
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are that of the author and do not represent the opinions of writers previously published here or any of the organizations, committees, commissions or other affiliation the authors may belong to, unless so stated.