The chatter that brings us together and…stuff
Bits of news, perspective, and what-not from the wider or the local world.
- First, cheers to Kalkaska and Petoskey! Officially announced as trail towns (IPR) on the eve of National Trails Day (MyNorth), which is Saturday June 1st…Hit that TART Trail near you. Don’t have a bike? Well, first visit TART’s third annual Bike Swap at the Old Town Parking Deck (TART).
- Full force bike season is upon us, heck Smart Commute started today!, so it is timely to remember…it’s all about coming together, being courteous of others, no matter your desired mode of transportation.
- More local parking entitlement expressed (Ticker) showing complete lack of understanding that parking is paid for whether or not you think you’re paying (Freakonomics). As the master says:
If you don’t pay for parking your car, somebody else has to pay for it. And that somebody is everybody.“
- What if we saved a bit of that money by simply driving less? What would you do with $7000? (Traversing Tulip Lane)
- Researching the opposition and dynamics of micro-housing (TheStranger) Not quite the same thing as Rolf’s dilemma, but similarly fear of small and affordable (MyWHaT)
- …And, this is how you design a cycle track all. The. Way. (BikePortland)
- Random: Ever wonder how they named Sesame Street, Sesame Street? (S Workshop)
Tweets of the week:
Have a weekend!
As always, More chatter at:
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are that of the author and do not represent the opinions of writers previously published here or any of the organizations, committees, commissions or other affiliation the authors may belong to, unless so stated.