The chatter about parking, parking, parking…
What did I miss in Traverse City while I was away?
Bits of news, perspective, and what-not from the wider or the local world.
- What’s up with all the parking talk in TC? I fully support the City raising parking rates downtown…over due (REagle) no matter what the comments are on the Ticker (T)…and, has anyone thought of just walking to Bardon’s?(RE)
- Of course, I realize that for some the expectation of free parking is a bit of an addiction…with a cure? (Atlantic)
- Some of it is simply policy…America’s absurd parking requirements (StreetsBLOG) turned into infographics at Graphing Parking (Something we will be coming back to). –>
- Did anyone leave their kid at the park last Saturday? (Slate) …Maybe you should have!
- What happens when you let artists design your playground? (PlayScapes) Reminds me of a simple playground, but one of my favorites, I saw walking around Seattle –>
Base of Highland Park, Seattle, WA
- The metrics of what really matters in a city (MinnPost) and perhaps to really know what really matters we should be keeping urban diaries (CrossCut)
- Walkable cities are good for your city’s budget (Reuters) and that starts with understanding how streets can grow local economies (BikeAmerica).
- A question raised about our decline in driving seems a bit narrow: Who will make money off of transit? (TranNatJournal) especially considering that transit saves us money (TheCityFix)
Requirements for a bikable community via Good
As always, More chatter at:
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are that of the author and do not represent the opinions of writers previously published here or any of the organizations, committees, commissions or other affiliation the authors may belong to, unless so stated.