The Chatter: Cooperation around a vision can achieve so much…
ANNOUNCEMENT: Clinch Park Tunnel work began near the Farmer’s Market this week. Pedestrian and vehicular traffic is advised to seek alternative routes to Lot B until the project is complete on June 14.
The Weekly Chatter
Bits of news, perspective, and what-not from the wider or the local world.
- Does your City encourage great infill with it’s vision? (Planetizen) TC Downtown deserves some credit (MyNorth)
- Does your state understand the economic value of bicycling? (MBPF) * Missouri Does…Here, we’re starting to get it (TCBN-2011).
- In light of the vortex of microplastics and toxins in the Great Lakes, green streets might be something we want to address (A-Cities) with fully-complete streets…Like the country’s best example of a complete street? (Phys.org)
Click to embiggen (smog eating asphalt!)
- Where are the 10 best Complete Street policies of 2012 (Smart Growth) and Chicago’s Complete Streets policy prioritizes pedestrians…Why? Because we are all pedestrians! (Chi-StreetsBLOG) (Chi-town is even raising some bike lanes!)
- The good news? To start it may not necessarily require anything beyond paint and planters (StroadtoBoulevard) and, perhaps, a bit of austerity for our most destructive means of mobility (capntransit).
- Certainly, we could come together on Neighborday and plant some trees (Good) April 27, Neighborday…It may reduce crime! (Discovery)
Tweet of the Week:
Yes! Play for everyone! (A-Cities)…
A giant, cooperative, multi-generational musical instrument:
from Daily Tous Les Jours
As always, More chatter at:
Send a message, we can take it.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are that of the author and do not represent the opinions of writers previously published here or any of the organizations, committees, commissions or other affiliation the authors may belong to, unless so stated.