The chatter that keeps circling back
Thank you, support for all things MyWHaT is appreciated.
Chatter from the Tumblr and Beyond
- The free market approach to raising the cost of parking (TCDailyPlanet)is discussed in Minneapolis and Henry discusses how cheap parking encourages cruising (Essays) and a Jeffery Tumlin interview reminds us how free parking is like free ice cream (MY).
- Winter bike haikus are flowing in Ann Arbor (GetDowntown) Personal favorite by Bo Zhu:
Ride a bike to work
The only thing you will miss
Will be NPR
- MDOT, claiming it’s broke, still pushing forward on $1.8 billion expansion of a 6.7 mile stretch of highway in Detroit (Metrotimes). Public shaming encouraged.
- Speaking of induced demand, a reminder that traffic is not like water (RE), it’s more like gas (MW). We’ve discussed it before here & here (Hinge).
- How did the walking environment get so bad in the U.S.? (SwitchBoard) We use to think nothing of a 10-15 minute walk (SmartSet)
@JeffSpeckAICP can I hit favorite five more times! This. Comes. Up. Every. Time. Ya basta!—
MyWHaT/G. Howe (@glhjr) January 14, 2013
What are you using for fuel these days?
Have a week!
Reminder: Before commenting, please read the comments policy. If you feel you need to rant against the world while raising enumerable tangential issues to personally attack individuals or organizations, consider creating your own blog and tracking back to MyWHaT. If it is of value, you will attract readers. Or, send me a message with all the rants you wish; I’m a connoisseur of ranting. Otherwise, please contribute to a healthy, friendly discussion in the comments section below.