TC City Commission moves forward with Division St. ballot question
Yes. Or, no?
On election day this November, Traverse City residents will be asked the following ballot question regarding parkland along Division St.:
Should the City Commission of the City of Traverse City be authorized to dispose of City parkland for the purpose of right of way and intersection improvements, but not to be used to construct additional thru traffic lanes, provided that such authorization shall expire on November 6, 2022 if no plan for such improvements is in place on that date?
The proposed City parkland includes an up to 30 foot wide strip along and adjacent to the west of Division Street between fourteenth Street and Eighth Street and two approximately 0.25 acre triangle parcels located west of and adjacent to Division Street, one parcel located north of and adjacent to Eleventh Street and one parcel located south of and adjacent to Eleventh Street.
Yes: _______ No: _______
We obviously have a long-way until November 6 (82 days, actually), but I’m interested in a straw-poll of MyWHaT readers–I suspect, an above average informed and engaged group who isn’t starting from scratch on the issue.
* Results will be hidden until a reasonable number of people have voted and voting will be closed on Sunday. Obviously, not all MyWHaT readers are Traverse City residents, but even if you don’t live in the City, how would you vote based off of the ballot question?
- Division St. land on Nov. 6 ballot (record-eagle.com)
- Division St. decision to go to voters (record-eagle.com)
- TC voters to decide Division Street upgrades in fall (record-eagle.com)
- Trust or bust is wrong approach to Traverse City’s Division St. (mywheelsareturning.com)
- 3 year’s of public documents concerning Division St. (GrandVision)
Full resolution accompanying the approved ballot question from the August 6th City Commission meeting, scroll to page 3:
Reminder: Please read the comments policy if you haven’t done so already. If you feel you need to rant against the world and raise numerous tangential issues while personally attacking individuals or organizations, consider creating your own blog and tracking back to MyWHaT. If it is of value, you will attract readers. Or, send me a message with all the rants you wish. Otherwise, healthy, friendly debate is fully encouraged.