#TCVote Candidate Survey: Response from Bob Donick
|Address:||1708 Comanche Street|
|Seat Seeking:||city commission|
1. What do you do in your spare time?
read,play with my grandsons and help take care of my 85 year old mother_
2. What was the last activity you participated in at a Traverse City park?
Indian Woods park-pushing my 3 year old grandson in the swings
3. Name and describe the most memorable public park, anywhere in the world, that you’ve ever visited?
Central Park, due to its vast size,how many people use it on a daily basis and the numerous activities that go on there. My most memorable park is really F and M park. When we lived on Webster Street we spent hours a week there with my youngest daughter
4. What is your primary mode of transportation within the City limits?
5. On a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the most likely, how would you rate your likelihood to increase your use of the following personal transportation methods?
(Answers in Bold & Black)
|Riding a bicycle||1||2||3||4||5|
|Calling a Cab||1||2||3||4||5|
6. In response to question 5, what is your biggest obstacle to more transportation options?
moving traffic effectively with the least amount of disturbance to the neighborhoods
7. Please rate your level of participation in the following Traverse City activities:
|National Cherry Festival||1||2||3||4||5|
|Traverse City Film Festival||1||2||3||4||5|
|Michigan Schooner Fest||1||2||3||4||5|
|Opera House Events||1||2||3||4||5|
|TC Microbrew & Music Festival||1||2||3||4||5|
8. What are your thoughts about large events, like those in question 7, in Traverse City?
They are great for our city, however not every weekend
9. Define, or give an example of, effective leadership that you have seen in Traverse City?
Richard Weiler (Sheriff).He took care of the needs of the community and instilled pride in the people who worked for him
10. What are you for?
Having the left and right find some common ground so we can get out of the mess this country is in
11. What do you fear for Traverse City’s future?
Same as I fear for the world. That we will leave loads of debt for our children and grandchildren
EDITOR’S NOTE: This November 8th there are 3 commission seats and a mayoral seat on the ballot in Traverse City. To help us prepare, throughout this week we are running responses from the 9 candidates (7 commissioner, 2 mayoral) to the MyWHaT survey. These will run in the order that responses were received, one per day during the week and two each on Saturday and Sunday in the order of Michael Estes, Jim Carruthers, Barbara Budros, Robert Donick, David Ford, Patrick McGuire, Timothy Werner, Ralph Soffredine and Jeanine Easterday (names with embedded link have already been published).
Please note, the answers are published unedited without annotation. The questions were generated by the MyWHaT advisory council and this contributor. We chose a different path than asking straight-up positions on specific policy or issues. We wanted to get a sense of the person, their individual approaches to life, the public sphere and how they might make decisions.
Comments and endorsements are encouraged on any of these posts. You may even ask questions directly of the candidate, but I can not guarantee that they will respond or even see it. I just ask that we keep it friendly, brief and in-line with our comments policy.