A Connected Community Is The Basis For Smart Commuting, Connect! (The Weekly Chatter)
A big thank you to all the effort behind Smart Commute Week by TART Trails and their coalition of organizations and volunteers. As someone alluded to at this morning’s breakfast, this is the only time many people get to see so many other active transport commuters and coming together on a daily basis really creates a sense of community. It leaves us wanting more.
Yes, more please; more free people on the streets.
One more day of festivities with the block party and bike swap and then, it’s a summer of smart commute!
- Via James at MLUI “Let’s get peeps to the rail event next Wednesday” (MLUI)
- 9-acre parking lot becomes a place to envy (Atlantic)
“This Seattle redevelopment is green in so many ways that it is hard to know where to start.”
- As JRW likes to say “Michigan…It’s The Water” (Freep)
- All those bicycles your $eeing are bringing in some dough (Grist) and all that walkable, transit friendly planning and development keeps the money in your pocket (Atlantic)
- More love for pocket parks (Shareable)
- Those damn pushies…(The Age)
- Do you know your neighbors? (Good)
- For us low mileage drivers: pay-as-you-drive car insurance (Nudge)
- History of Highways (WJS)
rubbomike: Getting somewhere on a bike always feels better. One has earned the right to arrive.
- Phil_PJA: In fact it’s not unusual for traffic modelling to be a pile of crap, technically speaking.
- reese: “our own suffering is inextricably connected to the suffering of others.” eloquence by dear @megworden
- duncanpaisley: “Ideas are a dime a dozen. People who implement them are priceless.” ~Mary Kay Ash
- HeyNbr: “The main challenge in community building is just getting the nerve to say hello to your neighbor.” -Leela gill #clfbc
What does community mean to you? (please, feel free to answer)