This Wednesday, Become A Bicycle Lobbyist
This Wednesday is the annual Lucinda Means Bicycle Advocacy Day in Lansing. Visit the League of Michigan’s Bicyclists’ website for more information & to register. There is a group driving down from Northern Michigan if you’re interested in car-pooling. Contact TART Trails or the Cherry Capital Cycling Club by Tuesday to hitch a ride.
Key issues to be discussed with representatives:
- Protect Vulnerable Roadway Users – Enhanced penalties for injuring cyclists
- Improve Drivers Education – Add ‘share the road’ component to curriculum (updated issue paper coming soon!)
- Revise Right Turn Signal – Make extended right arm legal in Michigan
- Support Bikes on Trains – Establish roll-on bike service for Michigan trains
- Oppose DNR Acreage Limits – Prevent arbitrary cap on land acquisition