It’s Above 50 degrees! Why Are You On The Computer? (the Weekly Chatter)
Looks better than this out my window, yours? Welcome Spring!
Traverse City April 9, 2011
The Weekly Chatter
- Inherently Safe: Bicycling And Children (Bike Hub-UK)
- More On Bikes: Why More Women Don’t Ride (Crikey)
- But, You All Can Ride in Skirts, Even Tour (PDF)
- Look Out!Pedestrian on Pedestrian Crashes (Transportation Nation)
- You Ready for Some Tactical Urbanism? (The Street Plans)
- Three Communities, Three Complete Streets Stories (MICompleteStreets)
- Feel the Power: The Case For Play for Kids–Give us recess! (NYTimes)
- Can Sleeping In Be The New Commute? (The Guardian)
“It is crazy these days for people to go to work when work can come to people. It is even crazier that we all travel on the same train on the same day at the same time. We should be able to spread the peak across different times.” – London’s Transport minister, Norman Baker. AMEN!
- RT (jimbruckb) when something feels like it’s free, people overconsume – #parking
- RT (Walkonomics Over 70% of people support 20mph speed limits in residential streets #safety #walkability
- RT (miller_stephen )How do you answer the question, “How safe is bicycling?” Not by distance, but by time or trip. Here’s why
- RT (sustaincities) What is a Park? – Landscape or Infrastructure
Introducing the wheel to Rivas, Nicaragua: “When you put enough people on a bicycle, they will help themselves.” The Bicycle City is a feature-length documentary following the impact that over 20,000 bicycles introduced to this community in need. Anyone in Northern Michigan planning a bicycle film night?
Have a weekend!