Request For Ideas And Inspiration For GT Civic Center
Grand Traverse County Civic Center
Tonight there is a master plan input session at 6 pm in the Civic Center Meeting Room for the popular (1-million visitors a year) civic center.
From my understanding, all ideas are up for discussion, so if you have some hidden inspiration regarding the park and its services, please take part or send thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 231-922-4818.
Civic Center Layout
A few quick thoughts:
- More inclusive accessibility on the edges of the park and it’s entrances. We mentioned one place two weeks ago.
- Is there a space for a pair of outdoor table tennis tables?
- Lights for the basketball courts. The summer is fine, but some of that autumn ball was pretty dark around 6pm.
- Better yet, a community gymnasium and/or community center.
- Less mowing, more landscaping.
- Take down all or some of the perimeter fence.
- Small dog park?
Do you have any ideas?
Civic Center Master Plan Input Session• 6pm
Civic Center Meeting Room