You’re A King, Play, Laugh, Draw Horses, Know Your Limits And Wear Pants (The Weekly Chatter)
A MyWHaT subscriber sent me this Huff Post article: The Key to Happiness: A Taboo for Adults?
He included this comment, “I read this and in my head related it to driving vs.cycling. I seem to be the serious adult when I drive that’s all about the result and getting things done (not that getting things done is entirely bad). And when I bike/walk, I’m more open to the journey than just the end result.”
Lately, I’ve particularly been enjoying rides in fresh powder and riding on to & over snowbanks. It’s fun. I often forget I’m going to a meeting or to work until I get there. When I drive, I always know where I’m going; that’s less fun. It’s good advice: Play on your way.
- Ahhh, Bhutan. The home to Gross National Happiness & Kings on bicycles.
- This is why the elderly drivers don’t see us when we’re walking. (Is your middle temporal vision area inhibited?)
- More adult play: The Horse on a bike challenge –> –>
- This is how you do it!–> London’s Super Bike Highways
- RT(@SocialVisionMkt) I’m guilty of walking & texting Luckily this hasn’t happened to me
- RT(@shanenickerson) A friend told me there’s a place like twitter called “outside” where people favorite each other by making eye contact and smiling. #Unfollow.
- RT(@Intersection911) Thinking a lot lately about lack of proper bicycling facilities (or dealing with dangerous drivers) as an economic justice issue.
- RT(@shitmydadsays) “No. Aliens exist, I just don’t think they came millions of light years just to see earth. Be like driving 1000 miles to go to an Arby’s”
We’ve all been caught
with our pants down without lights. What do you do? A useful message from the Bicycle Transportation Alliance
Have a weekend!
p.s. thank you for the horse on bike link R. Ding-a-ling!