2011’s First Weekly Chatter
This month’s poll asks you to set some transportation goals. Have you set them?
You can also download a PDF version to put on your fridge.
What happens when income levels & costs continue to go up? That’s right, decline and major subsidies. U.S. PIRG reports: “Since 1947, American highways have run up a deficit bigger than $600 billion, in 2005 dollars.” There’s some hope: developed world hitting peak travel? Will it change Michigan’s priorities? Will it change Traverse City’s?
- Cycling=cost savings, income generating.
- Anyone still questioning cycling with little ones?(Tips & Tricks)
- Michigan: Once again tops in outbound migration.
- RT (@Phil_PJA): BBC “We’re fearful that people will make fewer discretionary journeys next year due to higher fuel prices“. Why fearful??
- RT (@SafeRoutesNow): First post of 2011 – does your school district’s wellness policy include Safe Routes to School?
Free Diving in the underwater commons. A single breath. Without assistance. 328 feet below the surface.
Have a weekend!
Comments: we welcome your comments, please don’t be shy. The more questions, perspectives and general participation we have here the better. What’s on your mind?