Conquering Fear, Crime, the Cold…with Infrastructure, Placemaking and a Panda Suit…The Weekly Chatter
Traverse City’s steady drumbeat of issues that deserve, demand, demonstrate a need for citizen involvement is overwhelming at times; don’t blame the messenger.
To close out the year, here are a few needing your involvement.
- South Campus Entrance (by Tuesday Dec. 21, and then some)
- Boardman Lake Ave./Old Town Bypass
- Snow Removal Ordinance (this Monday night, plus DIY event Sat. morning)
are probably is always more, so please share any you have in the comments.
- Complete Streets in Michigan?
ExpectDemand that the engineers’ LOS rules change.
- RT (@CityCycleBris): Why We Shouldn’t Cycle with a Helmet
- RT (lutzfernandez): How sweet. Children write in the soot left on their Subarus!
- RT (@YuriArtibise): Having trouble finding the perfect #xmas gift for the urbanists in your life? Here’s a handy gift guide
- RT (DanielPink): There are 2 kinds of people in the world. Which are you?
- RT (TheDuncanWhite): Surfing in December? Must be in Traverse City, Michigan
Just a fun glimpse of China. What I love about this is that he wasn’t even wearing it for an event, function or gig–he was simply cold when riding around on his electric bike (now the norm in China). The panda suit must have seemed practical at the time. Chinese papers picked it up and ran the headline : 这样太危险 亲，你懂的! “That’s really dangerous, you know, dear!”
Have a weekend!