Are you distracted? Over-wired? And, other news bits
- Distracted drivers are the buzz, but what about the walkers? Bicycle commuters?
- TART blog discusses helmet use
- While naked riders get busted for lack of head gear in New Zealand
- NMC students complain about parking walking (demand free Segways, joking)
- TC moves ahead with Division St. Process (we remain hopeful)
- Want to increase bus use, make it free
- Boise Vulnerable User Law, making necessary adjustments
- It’s not just bike commuters rolling through stop signs (video of Philly intersection)
- The rise of the Chinese E-BIke (I’ve never seen grandmas go so fast!)
- E-Bikes might help reduce health problems related vehicle exhaust
- If exhaust doesn’t get you, Pavement sealer might
- Slow Cities looking for a foothold in the United States
- Perhaps TC? In town? Slow it Down! announced
- This author is labeled as Overwired hipster and a social problem (receives medal)
- but I’m not that worried as it’s found that in Portland, OR “blogs” are where all the action is to discuss & influence city government.
In that finding, the majority of active users on Portland BLOGs are advocates for pedestrians and bicycle commuters. To the point that “The biking community is so strong that motorists sometimes feel discriminated against in Portland.”— Finding from a report authored by White Horse Consulting as reported on BikePortland.org
Did you see any eye-catching news this week?
Want to weigh in on anything yous ee here? Feel free…it’s Our Wheels…