Live outside of Traverse city but work in the City? Choose one day next week. Park you car on one of these lots. Walk 15-30 minutes to your destination. Or, bring a bicycle and pedal for 7 minutes to your destination. Or, time it right, and you can conveniently board a BATA bus and chill out for the final 5 minutes to your destination. Your heart and the neighborhoods you pass through will appreciate it.
For a list of other Smart Commute Week events, visit TART Trails’ sparkling new Website. Technically, things start tomorrow with the 2nd annual bike swap in the ground floor of the Old Town Parking Garage. Then, next week every morning there are commuter challenge breakfasts around town.
If you’re on Twitter, the # for next week is #SCW12
List of Smart Commute Lots:
- Cherrybend Road trailhead on the Leelanau Trail
- Tom’s West Bay
- Bayview Building (“Show your SCW button at Aroma’s to receive $1 off any beverage during SCW!”)
- Olesons Plaza West
- Copper Ridge: Follow signs to Building F and park in the lot. Access the dirt Copper Ridge Trail and coast down to The Barns.
- Tom’s 14th Street
- Grand Traverse Mall: Take the Mall Trail along US 31 to town.
- Medalie Park (next to Logan’s Landing)
- Boardman River Nature Center: ride the Boardman Valley and Fox Den trails to the YMCA then hop on the TART trail.
- Hull Park (behind the library)
- Civic Center: please park at the south end of the lot.
- Northwestern Michigan College (Elm Lot)
- TBA Career Tech Center (Parsons Rd.)
- Tom’s Acme
P.S. I was going to write a rant today, but it will have to wait for another day. However, let it be known that MyWHaT is now one post away from our one-thousandth post.
As I asked early last week, any topic requests for the arbitrary marker of 1000?