The ingredients for a sexy city revealed…the Chatter
The City is right on schedule to see Traverse City’s first dog park happen this spring.
To keep the momentum, volunteers are counting on a healthy turn-out at this Monday night’s “Mardi Paws” at Lil Bo Pub & Grille from 5-9. 100% of the door and 25% of the proceeds go to the dog park. Come for dinner then stay to drink and get your Cajun on.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!
- The oft forgotten alley, but oh, with so much potential (Atlantic Cities)
- Oui, qui! Parisians on bicycles may proceed with caution, on red (CityFix) –> –>
- Shifting money from highways to local streets, the streets we use the most (Journal Sentinel) Yet, the House transportation bill appears dead, but facets of it still loom (Taking the Lane) despite the numbers showing it is a bankrupt plan from the start (Journal of Commerce)
- And…the survey says….walkable community please (Good)
- #NIMBYAward…Are bike lanes green enough for you? (Smart Planet)
Dude, that’s so cool that you take the bus! Rebranding transportation (Fast.c0) while reminding them that “driving remains the most perilous thing most of us do each day.” (DC-StreetsBlog)
“Do the thing we fear, and the death of fear is certain,” Emerson wrote. Do the thing several times a day, and it becomes banal. … One grief counselor described how a client, struggling to grasp his brother’s death in a crash, sat in her office “week after week saying, ‘He just went to get milk.’”
- Along those lines, why the two-wheeled instrument of “experiential understanding” is vital to community resilience (Next City)
- Why is taking a whizz an act of civic pride in Portland, Or? (Atlantic Cities) from the #TrueforToiletsTrueforLife series…Portlanders are so proud, their public toilet has its own website, introducing The Portland Loo (PL) –> –>
The role of placemaking bringing people together is well touted (Architectureau) even Harbor Springs is talking it up (HS) but take it one step further, plan your city to help people hook-up, and yes, that way (Model-D) to truly succeed.
Sex is the very essence of a city. People meeting, mixing, mingling, making out, making stuff happen. Sharing space, exchanging ideas, getting entangled, getting busy.
Well, this doesn’t seem right (BikeBlogNYC) –> –>
Have a weekend.
If you’re happy and this blog had anything to do with it, please consider a donation.