Chalk it up, 20 more feet of sidewalk!
The City connected one of the more obvious social trails this past summer at this location in front of the Elks Club on the east side of Division St. The inclusion of the crosswalk is a promising sign that a full connection to Randolph St. one block to the south is doable in the short-term.
This is a busy intersection for pedestrians, many of whom are pushing strollers or moving in wheelchairs to get to the shoreline on West Bay. Previous to this connector, there was a loose sandy social trail similar to the one that remains just to the south.
- Oklahoma tornado survivor's response to Blitzer's question about thanking The Lord..."Um, actually, I'm an atheists." #Awesome 11 hours ago
- RT @civichack: #Airbnb was ruled illegal in NYC today. #collcons can be a double-edged sword: @nextcityorg ow.ly/lgcDc #cities 11 hours ago
- I'm weird, I know, but its endearing when my laptop/iPad remembers a Third Place's wifi info & connects after a longtime away. 15 hours ago
- "You just see so much more of a place when you walk." ~ Coworker, about traveling and generally getting about. 20 hours ago
- You are what you measure wp.me/pJBNV-cee #CountingBikes 20 hours ago
- Came out of my bunker to discover not much to do about the weather, but drivers on Garfield Ave. sure were going fast. 1 day ago
- Same conditions as last fall when tree smashed my car: in basement office oblivious to hail and wind storm reportedly outside. 1 day ago
Under the Hood
Save This Number
- You are what you measure
- Local election: What do you look for in a candidate?
- Local Elections: The Untapped Potential for the Future
- No. 7...
- A little paint provides a DIY connection
- Small Town Seeking Kick-Ass Mayor
- Announcement: Traverse City's Clinch Park closed for construction
- Showing No Fear In The Crosswalk--Street Art of Roadsworth
- “When You Focus On Place, You Do Everything Differently”-PPS
- Division Street design intiative: a game changer in need of support