Parking for Toilets:
Parking spaces in Lot O used for much-needed public toilets is a nice touch by the DDA for the Traverse City Film Festival week.
Even better, it’s instructive to the possibilities for utilizing the plethora of surface lots we have in town for something other than parking cars. Perhaps, we the City could lease one of the nicer models for a season long public restroom?
The Weekly Chatter
- The crazy story of Raquel Nelson (StreetsBLOG) leads off the chatter & highlights in dramatic fashion dangerous by design (Grist). It may even reflect how transportation policy is a civil rights issue (Wired). The skinny is that Nelson lost her son in a hit and run while trying to walk across the road (below) and was convicted of some astounding charges including vehicular homicide because she was technically ”jaywalking“. She is appealing the case, but deserves a pardon (T4America). Latest news: #RaquelNelson.
- After Nelson’s story, surprised not to see Atlanta in the top 10 least walkable cities (Smart Planet)
- In Cleveland, complete streets and green streets policies move forward (Freshwater Cleveland)
- A lesson for almost anything in life: “To Boost Cycling, Make Women Happy” (Chicago Tribune)
- The City of Angels celebrates bold and proud Sharrow use (LADOT)
- RT (IBIKEDALLAS) I believe in bikes.
- RT (mansgreatest) Amazing how people in cars lose all sense of responsibility for conducting 2 tons of metal around the streets
RT (WolfpackHustle) Pushing a gas pedal and revving your engine is almost as impressive as your credit debt.
- RT (joelga) Love how alive @DowntownTC is these days. #TCFF
- RT (mttownsend) ”Do or do not. There is no try.” –YODA #TCFF