Ideas and my desire to create posts about them abound; it’s been difficult restraining myself. But, I’m getting used to having my mornings freed-up a bit; this morning I was able to drink the first cup of coffee while watching a light rain….ahhh.
I plan on being back next week, but will strike a deal with MyWHaT’s biggest fans: I’ll return before then if at least 10 of you contribute or subscribe * to the cause. That’s doable, right?
Any amount will do ($5-$500 is a nice range). As I wrote before, contributions confirm the effort behind MyWHaT and its value to the community.
Some of the items I have thought about and would likely have written about this past 2 weeks:
- West Boardman Lake Ave: Yes, the beast is still alive.
- Division St.: A Citizens Committee has met & sent recommendations.
- Roundabouts: They remain an elegant option all over Grand Traverse.
- The Bayfront: Capturing people with place & going for something beyond average.
- The Spirit: The train at Clinch and why it’s been removed, and should stay removed.
- The $2-million Tunnel to…: Oh wait, where’s the tunnel?
- Scofflaw Motorists/Cyclists/Pedestrians: Why our own expectations and perspectives get in our way and help create silly animosity.
- Don’t get Doored, but if you do…: One of the most serious crashes that can occur while riding a bicycle requires at least one post.
- Sharrows Anyone: If Elk Rapids has them…
- Road Diets: Garfield and 8th St. are prime, one will be easy, the other more of a challenge.
- The Beauty of Sidewalks: The City has put in new sidewalks around town. City staff fought them, and yet, they add so much value.
- Elmwood Ave.: It’ almost complete and I’m ready to give kudos.
- 8th Street Corridor Study: don’t be certain this will turn out great without your input.
- Bicycle Insurance: Michigan doesn’t have it, but we could.
- DIY Traffic Calming: Experimentation & impermanence is the key.
- DIY City Clean-up: Adopt a spot and make it your own.
- Penguin Implementation: A raft of traffic calming and traffic observing penguins have been deputized, but have yet to be employed.
- Engage & Represent: The series continued.
- Connected Communities: Work that began with a complete streets workshop continues…
- Election: I’ve been asked to run and I feel a need to declare one way or another…hint: likely not, but will share soon.
… and there is likely more…Reading this list is enough to keep me in hiatus for at least one more week, whew.
* Subscriptions: It was requested by a few readers that I create a subscription option allowing for contributors to have monthly amounts withdrawn from their Paypal account–a great idea that, unfortunately, I haven’t been able to make happen this morning. I’ll keep looking into it.