This Wednesday is the annual Lucinda Means Bicycle Advocacy Day in Lansing. Visit the League of Michigan’s Bicyclists’ website for more information & to register. There is a group driving down from Northern Michigan if you’re interested in car-pooling. Contact TART Trails or the Cherry Capital Cycling Club by Tuesday to hitch a ride.
Key issues to be discussed with representatives:
- Protect Vulnerable Roadway Users - Enhanced penalties for injuring cyclists
- Improve Drivers Education - Add ‘share the road’ component to curriculum (updated issue paper coming soon!)
- Revise Right Turn Signal - Make extended right arm legal in Michigan
- Support Bikes on Trains - Establish roll-on bike service for Michigan trains
- Oppose DNR Acreage Limits - Prevent arbitrary cap on land acquisition
How do we strengthen our communities?
We do what we love, unapologetically…And, we do it more often.
“Reclaiming the Streets,” Traverse City’s Front St. During the Tweed Ride.
A group photo on the steps of the courthouse can be grabbed from the MyWHaT Flikr site and this image of bikes scattered throughout the lawn in front of the Governmental Center makes my heart sing.
More, like this, please.