Connect to place through foraging. (The Rapidian) (photo by Gary L Howe)
- Paris’s most important quality of life issue sounds a lot like Traverse City’s...they are actually doing something about it (PPS) and perhaps we haven’t pushed hard enough to rid ourselves of Grandview Parkway. (Infrastructurist)
- How do you get a crosswalk in your neighborhood? (Where the Sidewalk Starts)
- Ypsilanti’s walkable era was 1910 (Ann Arbor Chronicle) while Ann Arbor is named one of the country’s first gold level Walk Friendly Communities (Walk Friendly). The Micro and Macro of walking or, not walking. (Norton Books)
- The blame for high gas prices? It’s the sprawl, stupid. Blame local leaders not Obama (M-Bike) and start demanding public funding for providing choices (Huffington). The math of sprawl just doesn’t add up (NYTimes).
- A New York community uses roundabouts to revamp corridor (Civil Engineering) * reminds me of TC’s Division St. and Grandview. –> –>
- Worth re-reading: confessions of an engineer (Grist)
- Heeled and 2-Wheeled, Fashion Basics (Bicycle Fashion)
“What people forget is that the light rail, the land use laws and all that would never have happened without the high levels of citizen involvement that goes on here. That’s what makes Portland Portland.”~ Lenny Dee, co-founder of Onward Oregon.
- RT (rory_neuner) Thanks for the High Speed Rail dollars, Florida! 69% of Michigan residents & 71% of employers will be within 15 miles of a station.
- RT (completestreets) Does your organization support a federal Complete Streets policy? Sign on to our letter asking US Reps to cosponsor bill
- RT (fotoman311) ”Here’s a monkeywrench. I was looking for one of these.” – Kylie, my 4 year old niece/future environmental activist.
- RT (brainpicker) ”Behind every bad job there’s a design, unconscious or conscious, and that design has a viewpoint.” Christine McCaul
- RT (TweedRideTC) Twelve days until #TweedRideTC: well done #MudSweatandBeers riders, take another day off.
From People for Bikes and in honor of bike month, Bikes Make Life Better…Yes.