Utilized: Social Trail
I’m posting this image to give credit where credit is due. The county run Civic Center not only impressively plows the mile-long track (often long before even my street has been plowed), but at several points along the perimeter they make the extra effort to hand shovel the minor entrances that many people use. This one is located near the corner of Titus Ave. and Fair St.
Another example is just north at a BATA stop across from Beadle St. (below) and there are several others around the perimeter.
Not really a social trail, but since I’m giving kudos, the Civic Center’s north entrance by the college’s main entrance was widened this year. It’s been much appreciated.
Thank you for that, too.
- "You just see so much more of a place when you walk." ~ Coworker, about traveling and generally getting about. 1 hour ago
- You are what you measure wp.me/pJBNV-cee #CountingBikes 2 hours ago
- Came out of my bunker to discover not much to do about the weather, but drivers on Garfield Ave. sure were going fast. 19 hours ago
- Same conditions as last fall when tree smashed my car: in basement office oblivious to hail and wind storm reportedly outside. 20 hours ago
- Who added a month to May? Whomever, thanks. 21 hours ago
- A little paint provides a DIY connection: wp.me/pJBNV-c59 1 day ago
- RT @NNall: Michigan’s detours into social issues won’t help attract young talent shar.es/Zh3QK via @BridgeMichigan 1 day ago
Under the Hood
Save This Number
- A little paint provides a DIY connection
- You are what you measure
- Announcement: Traverse City's Clinch Park closed for construction
- The Green City By The Bay
- Compost service by bicycle: 8-yr old brings it full circle
- Placemaking Summit: March 1st In Traverse City
- Editor's Profile
- Contacts for City Representatives
- Words like paruresis are useful when talking about public toilets
- Graphic Friday: Want Traffic Calming? Don't Start With Stop Signs